Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hello to Yellow Brick Road

Kim is starting her blog today. I will post a permanent link soon.

I love my blog. It makes me feel good in so many ways.

For the past two days I have had to postpone publishing posts I started. They deal with the origins of science as we understand the word. One never fleshed itself out. It had a lot of potential for metaphors about life. It had so many potential threads that it could become a whole book. So it sits in my draft pile. The second was a knock on Aristotle. Plain to see that it was boorish.

So there ended up being no post yesterday while on Thursday I at least managed to cobble together something different.

Ironically, one of the scientific themes is about momentum. Writing everyday has become a habit, so far. My past history would suggest a lack of consistency on my part. This is not my first blog, rather, my third. This blog started and stopped a few times in the past. Now it on track on a regular basis. I really hope that you enjoy reading it.

Speaking of enjoyment. There was mention of another blog in the Aristotle post that did not get published. I have a keen interest in presidential elections. When I was eleven years old I began avidly watching speeches and conventions. At fifteen, I was up all night following the returns on the radio, hoping for a miracle turnaround as I pulled for McGovern with a passion. My first vote ever was for Carter and as a result was passionately against Obama. I have seen and heard much.

I am betting most of you do not enjoy impassioned ranting about this stuff. So.

I will start a second blog about the current campaign cycle. This way I will not trouble you by sneaking comments into BabyBeetleButts. Whether you agree with me or not on topics political should not ruin your reading of this blog.

I am finishing this writing and about to be the first to read Kim's first draft. I look forward to it and you should too. Remember to actively and honestly encourage her. She is going through angst, which is a sign of artistry. I can state with passion that she will be worth reading.


LOVE SOMEONE WELL TODAY! (I hope you remembered to do that yesterday without me nagging you?)

Bobby

1 comment:

  1. Boy was this a long time ago!! 6 years!! I wish I could write now, but my brain prohibits that from happening. I wish you would start your blog again. I do enjoy reading your writings.

    ReplyDelete