Friday, April 1, 2011

The Wind

God has far and away created the greatest set of metaphors in the universe.

 I mean, of course, the real God, the one who created everything and sustains it. Not those other make believe pretenders.

You really should read the whole Bible. But I digress. Of course, you should also watch Peter Sellers in the movie Being There. Chance for president!!!

The wind is sometimes part of the classic elements, sometimes not. Most often it is included with air I suppose.

Air IS essential . The wind is its voice. Just as in the Trinity, the Spirit is the voice, the Word in action across time and place.

So. Pay attention to the wind in real life as well. It has meaning, always. Heighten your awareness of it and you will learn to understand.

Having lived until recently in urban settings, I did not understand the wind as well as now. This house is detached. In fact, it is at the highest point of ten acres. The wind has free play all around us without restraint. This is stressful for the exterior of the house, but ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL for my soul. 'Tis!

The wind tells stories. The wind gives glimpses into the future. The wind can show me how to be most productive today, if I tune in. Total stillness counts, it is just a lack of breeze. Of course, most people will fight against the wind like a salmon fighting upstream. That salmon has a mission too, but the constant pounding weakens it continuously until, once it is finish producing the next generation, it dies of exhaustion. In the same way, be cautious as to WHY you fight against what today is about.

Speaking of tunes.

Music is wind, the outward manifestation of song.

I just discovered that not everyone ALWAYS has music in their head. I do. Kinda assumed it was normal. Stop laughing.

Now I wonder if I am in the minority. Or even rare.

Dunno.

Wish you could all tell me somehow...

HEY! There is a comments feature. Y'all can not only talk to me though it, but to each other. Dern!


So, go ahead and do that, k? Just after you click one of the ads, of course. I get paid that way and revenues are down lately.

The question of interest is, "Do you hear music in your head? Always or just sometimes or never or what?

Love Someone Well Today,

DO IT!

Bobby

1 comment:

  1. I do not hear music in my head, though I wish I did. I imagine it would be like a soundtrack to everything I did, that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete