Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Last Enemy

If death is not all powerful as it appears (no one gets out alive), then the true reality of living cannot be based on physical being.

If you discount the spiritual entirely, then eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

What strange beings we are, to be able to wrestle with these questions!

People think it odd that my goal is to live to one hundred and twenty and still be strong and healthy (like Moses).

I have not made up this goal, it comes from spiritual knowledge.

This is what I think I have found.

I gain food and warmth and joy, but only as fruits, not because I pursue them.

Life is all about sacrifice for others. This must be balanced by wisdom. The needs outside oneself are too great, the nature of others is to take advantage of you regardless of harm caused, these two make it absolutely necessary that you 'spend' yourself wisely. But, these cannot become an excuse for not spending yourself. Finding that balance requires a daily dose of wisdom.

What is death? What is life?

Please do not think I know. I tend to present my opinions as facts. But that is not my intent. My intent is to raise the issues by telling my thoughts. What I believe. What I see and how.

From my perspective: selfishness; being self-centered; greed; lust, etc. all stem from underlying fear and denial. As they say in A.A., hurt people hurt people.

Meanwhile, every day brings new challenges, some filled with life and energy, some filled with the opposite.

God help us all. God bless those who help. We can be His hands, we should be His hands.

Love someone well today!

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment