Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hoarding

I must make this public confession, I am a hoarder of alternatives.

I cannot seem to ever do the same thing the same way twice, at least not if any alternative exists.

You just never know when you might need an alternate way to open a can, for example. If you consistently do it the exact same way, what will you do when that method is denied you either temporarily or permanently?

It starts with imagining things, what if there were no electricity, for example. I think part of me is so proud of my God given ability to find solutions to problems that I make problems up. Not just once in a while either, I live in a world that is slightly different from reality. I do not take for granted that what exists is there because tomorrow it may not.

As a child, this state of being sometimes caused me fear. I would traumatize myself by concentrating on something like imagining my house on fire and examining my own emotional reaction.

This practiced behavior also meant that if I loved someone, I tried very hard to experience what it would be like to lose them. Talk about a good time!

Yeesh!

Like any good hoarder there is no greater moment than when life validates my insanity. An example for a physical hoarder might be when there is a sudden great need for a cheap plastic bowl and so they actually get to use one of the hundreds of saved take out bowls (with lids!) that are readily at hand.

For me, life has no greater pleasure than getting to use an alternate method during some 'crisis' or another. It validates all those crazy other methods of doing things that I collect/hoard.

So.

If you have a problem, just ask.

I probably have a solution (or two, or twelve) ready to be given.

Remember, I am primed and ready, just waiting for any problem great or small to present itself. I am more than willing to jump right in and present some of this stored up experience.

Hello? Anyone out there?


Love someone well today (in every way),

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment