Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Surrender

When I was a wee lad, my older brother brought home a record album. He was excited and played it right away on our mono record player. It caused me mental distress and I ran to my room and covered my head with a pillow.

That album was Meet the Beatles!

I have no clear memory of my opinion flip flopping. I do remember how my mom loved Paul's crooning 'Til There Was You.

I wish that phones still had those huge metal rotary disks with big holes for your fingers to fit in. I wish I had a nickle (Kim discovered that I used the archaic spelling, how ironic) for every time I have dialed a cell phone and listened to the silence until I realized you now have to press send.

We just got new house phones. They now make you press send too.

I have heard that CD music disks are a thing of the past. So is email and even personal computers.

Gaming systems now use your body as the controller. Shut my mouth about those incredible graphics.

The world is truly experiencing something different. It is very rare for there to be something new under the sun. But there now is, at least to those of us who remember a different simpler time, if you were born before Google, for example.

Information and communication travel nearly instantly, nearly everywhere, and nearly globally.

Everything from relationships to elections to the toppling of dictators is affected.

Texting has become an addiction. Obama is president. Protesters can rally with one mind.

And, of course, there is BabyBeetleButts!

Vote for Trump!

Don't text and drive!

Vive le difference!


LOVE SOMEONE WELL TODAY! (in person if you can)

Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment